I thought I’d do a quick blog post so you can get to know me a little better. Even if we are friends IRL (hip internet lingo), here are ten things you might not know about me.
- I’m terrified of birds that are larger than my head. I blame watching Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” way too young. I also get uneasy when there are large gatherings of birds. There was a large flock of pigeons outside of the Notre Dame cathedral when I was in Paris and I almost had a panic attack when then all flew away around me.
- My favorite architecture design type is Art Deco, but I lean towards Mid Century Modern decor and design for my own home.
- I have an insane amount of scars; so many I’ve lost count. I owe this to my dad thinking a butterfly bandage was better than stitches and my own clumsiness.
- I once signed a birthday card to my mom “Ashley Leonard” instead of just “Ashley.” My family will never let me live this down. It’s been like 15 years, guys. I had also been signing year books all day so it was just habit.
- Working at Disneyland had its highs and its lows, but I loved all the cool things I got to do as a Cast Member. I’ve been in commercials and an ad for Disney Paris, featured on the Ellen Show, parades and tons of other awesome stuff. (P.S. if you want to see me in the national commercial I did with Taye Diggs I’m at 0:10 on the left of the horses and in the Disney Paris spot I’m at 0:13 driving the carriage).
- I have wanted to go to Pompeii since I was eight years old. A weird, morbid dream destination for an eight year old, but the heart wants what the heart wants!
- I was such wild and crazy child that my parents enrolled me in tumbling classes so that when I jumped off of furniture, I at least knew how to fall without hurting myself.
- My favorite guilty pleasure movies are Nacho Libre and Big Fat Liar. I take that back…no guilt, all pleasure. I think I know every word to both of them.
- I’m not a big fan of new music/bands. I still listen to the same music and same bands that I did when I was in high school. A lot of my favorite bands are still touring or having like 10/15 year reunion tours, so it’s pretty great. But it also makes me feel old haha.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Mad Men. I think I’ve seen every episode three or four times.
Hope you all enjoyed learning a few little tidbits about me. Leave a comment with something that most people might not know about you!